- Schedule your departure day two days after the wedding to give you ample time for rest after the activities and the celebrations. If you must travel immediately, remember to leave in the middle of the day and not the early morning so you'll get a good night's sleep.- Ask your travel Agent for Rome Honeymoon Packages, these usually offer the best destinations for honeymooners, not to mention discounts and freebies.- Never, ever overbook day trips, you're not just traveling, you're with your new Spouse, better save up some energy for the night's fireworks.- Don't be afraid to ask questions, ask about certain perks, events.- In addition to the above, don't be afraid to request extra stuff, like a big bathtub, a double bed, or a romantic Roman view.
- Don't forget to bring your marriage Certificate along with you, especially if the name of the bride is already under her husband's name.- Pack your camera and lots of film; you won't want to miss anything. You might also want to pack extra batteries, these are absurdly pricey in tourist spots, and you wouldn't want to overspend.
- Mention to anyone, especially in the café or restaurant, that you're on your honeymoon, yes this may sound a bit embarrassing, but some restaurants give extras like free drinks or gifts for honeymooners. This also works for birthday celebrants.- If you want an active Rome honeymoon, research and book some guided walking tours, always remember to consult hubby before you try one though.
- Stock up on sun protection. The higher the SPF the better, as you'll probably be spending whole days out in the sun; you wouldn't want to be ill after just a few days of marriage.- Some travel agencies include extra tours and trips, these are great ways to explore, and enjoy. This is especially good because you'll get a change in scenery, and won't easily get bored, especially if you have an extended honeymoon.- Even if your valuables are inside your hotel room, keep them under lock, and if you decide to bring them with you, always watch out for stray pickpockets.
- Bring with you a stock of candles and massage oils that you can place inside your hotel room for that romantic evening after touring the City.That's all about Rome honeymoon travel tips for now. In my next article, I'll explain more of my travel tips for your time in Rome.
Best wishes for a great vacation,.Les Sheppard..
Les Sheppard's website gives full information about planning your trip to Rome, including flight deals, Rome accommodation tips, Apartment and Villa rentals,tour planning and tips on all the top Rome attractions: Lets-Travel-Rome.com.You can also grab our free hotel guide and newsletter from the homepage, and keep up to date at our Travel Rome Blog: Lets-Travel-Rome.
By: Les Sheppard